Join the Success Mentor Program!
If you are an incoming first year student and are looking for an opportunity to make your first-year at UC Merced an amazing and successful one, apply to be a part of our amazing community of scholars today!
How to Apply
The 2020-2021 Success Mentor Program Mentee Application is available NOW.
Who is eligible to apply:
Incoming first-year students
If you are an incoming student who has sophomore standing, you are eligible to apply
Who is NOT eligible to apply:
At this time the Success Mentor Program is not open to first-time transfer students.
If you are an incoming transfer or a returning student check out the Transfer, Returning, & Veteran Program (TRV) for more information on resources and support available to you. For more information on TRV click here.
Students who are a part of the Fiat Lux Scholars Program
Designed to jump start student success both academically and personally, program expectations (aka, the “33 Steps to Success”) apply for each semester a student is active in the Success Mentor Program.
The 33 Steps to Success
Attend and participate in each of the following:
- Three (3) campus events
- Three (3) tutoring sessions (also known as Peer Assisted Learning Support)*
- Three (3) faculty office hours
* Only tutoring offered through the Bright Success Center’s Peer Assisted Learning Support program and STEM Tutoring fulfill this requirement.
Benefits of Having a Success Mentor
- Academic success
- Make connections and form lasting friendships
- Develop and work towards individually defined goals
- Learn how to make the most out of being a Bobcat
- Be paired with someone who is familar with campus resources
- and more!