Do any of these apply to you?
- Do you love helping others?
- Could others benefit and learn from your first-year experience at UC Merced?
- Do you want to develop strong leadership and communication skills?
- Are you proud to be a Bobcat?
If you answer yes to any of the questions above, then you have what it takes to be a success mentor!
The first year at UC Merced is as exciting a time as it is challenging. As upper-division students, you have learned a lot about what it takes to succeed both academically and personally at UC Merced. Being a success mentor is a valuable way to make a difference and connect with your fellow Bobcats. Mentoring is a two-way street; however, success mentors continue to grow and develop as scholars and leaders and the rewards of being a mentor include greater personal satisfaction as well as personal, professional, leadership and interpersonal communication development.
Success mentors help first-year students successfully acclimate to academic and social life at UC Merced and empower students to achieve their best through personal attention and encouragement. By providing students with the essential tools and support needed to succeed at UC Merced, we ensure that every first-year student who participates in the Success Mentor Program will have a wonderful time transitioning to life at UC Merced.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work with and support a diverse student body
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- In good university judicial standing
How to Apply?
Apply in three easy steps!
1. Submit Handshake Application
2. Complete the Supplemental Application
3. Have two recommender forms submitted by March 1st, 2022. Please send this form to your recommenders or have them download the form.