How to Become a Success Mentor!
To complete the Success Mentor application and be considered for a Success Mentor position for the 2020-2021 academic year, all the following must be submitted by 11:59pm, Tuesday, February 11th:
- Complete an online application at jobs.ucmerced.edu (you will need to upload a current resume)
- Deadline is Monday, February 10th
- Complete a Supplemental Application - click HERE
- Please complete the Supplemental Application by February 11th!
- Request a supervisor, mentor, faculty member, etc. submit a Recommendation Form -smp_2021_recommendation_form.pdf
- You must have two forms completed by February 11th
- All forms must be signed
- All forms must be submitted by the person completing the recommendation
- Signed & scanned documents can be sent to email@example.com
- Intercampus Mail - ATTN: Stephanie Garcia, Bright Success Center, KL 222
- Mail - Stephanie Garcia, Bright Success Center, 5200 N. Lake Rd., Merced, CA 95343
Candidates being considered for a position will be contacted by February 15th to schedule an interview. Interviews will take place February 24th - March 5.
Participation in training is required for all Success Mentors as follows:
- Spring, 2020 - April 11 (9am-3pm)
- Summer, 2020 - August 17-21 (9am-5pm)
All Success Mentors must meet the following requirements as well:
- In good academic and judicial standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75)
- Available to attend weekly SMP meetings throughout the 20-21 academic year (Friday's, 10am-Noon)
If you have questions, please contact Stephanie Garcia in the Bright Success Center at:
(209) 228-4331 or firstname.lastname@example.org